Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes! "Big Book of Cupcakes"

Big Book of Cupcakes: 150 brilliantly delicious Dreamcakes presented by Southern Living

by Jan Moon

This book includes recipes from the founder/owner of Dreamcakes bakery in Alabama.
My favorite quote from the book..."I learned that you truly taste with your eyes first, so making food beautiful is as important as making it taste good." I formerly posted that looks are nice, but taste is key. Maybe I need to rethink this stance and value the look of my baked goods as well. I am a picky eater and definitely taste with my eyes first. If I don't like the looks of the dish...it is not going in my mouth. I digress, back to the cupcakes.

I came across this book and fell in love with it immediately. The recipes from Dreamcakes are so tantalizing...I couldn't decide on just one. I decided to bake 3 different types of cupcakes for a friend's bridal shower. I only ended up using one recipe from this book: chocolate peanut butter. Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache filling and peanut butter icing. Delicious!



My party co-host, my domestically gifted mother, made key lime cupcakes and red velvet. Oh my gosh...so tasty. Am I making you hungry for some cupcakes yet? No? These photos from the party should do the trick.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time